Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

benji
Regular Visitor

Zendesk Measures to Power BI Desktop

When connecting to Zendesk on powerbi.com, there is a different list of fields than when I connect to Zendesk on the desktop app. 

For example, on powerbi.com there is a field called Zendesk Measures that is nowhere to be found when importing the data to the desktop app. Why the discrepency and how can I access the Zendesk Measures field from desktop? Or, is there a way that I can view the formulas behind the Zendesk Measures as to recreate them on desktop?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
greggyb
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

A content pack may contain data that has been transformed with relationships and measures defined.

Accessing a data source in PBI Desktop is just a connection to the base tables (or SQL views) in that source system. You may be able to contact Zendesk or Microsoft (depending who developed the content pack) to ask for the measure definitions if they are allowed to share them. Otherwise you'll be stuck recreating the measure and transformation logic on your own.

My observation based on the public content packs I've seen is that the measures tend to be fairly trivial.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
greggyb
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

A content pack may contain data that has been transformed with relationships and measures defined.

Accessing a data source in PBI Desktop is just a connection to the base tables (or SQL views) in that source system. You may be able to contact Zendesk or Microsoft (depending who developed the content pack) to ask for the measure definitions if they are allowed to share them. Otherwise you'll be stuck recreating the measure and transformation logic on your own.

My observation based on the public content packs I've seen is that the measures tend to be fairly trivial.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.