Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

newb1234
Regular Visitor

YoY, MoM when data shouldn't be summed

Hi,

I'm trying to do YoY, QTRoQTR, and MoM. The data is unique for each day and should not be summed, as most tutorials show. Think of it like a bank account balance. Each day is unique and not proper to sum each day of the year, QTR, month, etc. Instead, it should be a snapshot like Jan 1 2020 to Jan 1 2021 or Mar 31st (1st QTR) to Jun 30th (2nd QTR). I'm not having much luck finding an answer for this. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @newb1234 ,

There are some similar solutions and blog that can be used as reference.

Power BI - Year over Year (YOY) Reports using SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR - Carl de Souza

Solved: YOY and by QTR Growth % - Microsoft Power BI Community

If the problem persists, please follow the links below to provide the relevant information and the desired results. I will answer your questions as soon as possible.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @newb1234 ,

There are some similar solutions and blog that can be used as reference.

Power BI - Year over Year (YOY) Reports using SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR - Carl de Souza

Solved: YOY and by QTR Growth % - Microsoft Power BI Community

If the problem persists, please follow the links below to provide the relevant information and the desired results. I will answer your questions as soon as possible.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

TheoC
Super User
Super User

@newb1234 can you please add a screenshot of what you are trying to achieve?  You can use Excel to put together some dummy data and add a column of what you are wanting to achieve, however, without that, it is likely going to be a challenging to get a clear picture of what you would like.  Thanks mate. Theo

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

Want to connect?www.linkedin.com/in/theoconias

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.