cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

YoY / MoM / QoQ % change calculation

Hello, everybody!

I think I need to calculate a very typical measure, and I get plenty of options on web, but nothing seems to work so far.

I need to calculate YoY, MoM, QoQ % changes of sales. So I have a column DATE with an exact date of a sales order and SALES with a corresponding amount of sales. What I want to get is a table with a hierarchy of dates and sales growth in %.

PREVIOUSYEAR does not seem to work because I have a hierarchy there and I put DATE field in the table. Many other options give me blank values. 

Please help 😃

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: YoY / MoM / QoQ % change calculation

Hey,

here you will find a pbix file

This file contains a report page "MOM", here you will find a matrix visul that contains a measure (table: FactWithDates) called MOM Growth:

MOM Growth = 
DIVIDE((CALCULATE(SUM(FactWithDates[Amount]))-CALCULATE(SUM(FactWithDates[Amount]),DATEADD('Calendar'[Date],-1,MONTH)))
,(CALCULATE(SUM(FactWithDates[Amount]),DATEADD('Calendar'[Date],-1,MONTH))),BLANK())*100

Maybe this provides what you are looking for.

Hope this helps

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Re: YoY / MoM / QoQ % change calculation

Hello @TomMartens , thanks for your answer, but the file you have linked doesn't exist anymore. I have a similar problem and wanted to check out the matrix visual.

I have created a measure (Delta) to calculate YOY absolute value. But when I put it in a matrix, the measure is repeated. Did you have this issue in your matrix visual?

Capture1.PNG

Delta = calculate(sum(Table1[Sales]),Table1[Year]="2018")-calculate(sum(Table1[Sales]),Table1[Year]="2017") 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Super Users of the Quarter - Q2 2020

Super Users of the Quarter - Q2 2020

Who are our Super User Superstars? Who made it to the top of the leaderboards? Get the answers!

June 2020 Community Highlights

June 2020 Community Highlights

Featured community members, changes to the Community, and more! Read up on recent Power BI community news.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors