Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

guntangr

Yellow Brick Connectivity

I'm new the group and I've been trying to connect to my Yellow Bricks database using Power BI.  It's a Postgre SQL platform and for whatever reason I'm getting "This connector requires one or more additional components to be installed before it can be used".  I then created a local ODBC connection successfully to Yellow Bricks however when using ODBC in Power BI, I get the "ERROR [HY000] [Devart][ODBC][PostgreSQL]permission denied to set restricted parameter "transaction_isolation" error.  

Has anyone successfully connected to YB?

4 REPLIES 4
rwmnau
Helper I
Helper I

I did end up able to connect - since there's no Yellowbrick connector, I'm able to connect to it as a Postres database and everything works as expected. Before I could connect, I had to install npgsql (https://github.com/npgsql/npgsql/releases/tag/v4.1.4 - for whatever reason, 4.1.4 is the most recent release that has an MSI) and then it worked just fine. I did get a security error but I disabled SSL on my data source settings and then it was able to connect.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am able to connect yellow brick

Connect your yellow brick  server by using postgry sql server in getdata.

If it work mark asa solved..

Thanks

rwmnau
Helper I
Helper I

Did you ever end up getting this figured out? I also need to connect to Yellow Brick from Power BI Desktop and there's no information I can find one way or the other.

v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @guntangr,

Based on my research, it is not listed in the supported data sources for Power BI. Also you can come up a new idea about adding the connector of the data source.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-data-sources

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.