Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GregSibson
Frequent Visitor

Year to date Profiled trend line

I need to create a trend line on a bar chart that shows what the figures should be at that point in the year, So i have got the data off how many we should have in a year and in excel i would just divide by 12 and times by the current month to work out the profiled number for the year so far. How would i go about doing this in Power BI ? 

4 REPLIES 4
komald
Helper I
Helper I

@GregSibson , try this

choose clustor column chart add year on x axis and values on y axis . and go to visual choose x-axis change type to contineous.

komald_0-1664437988949.png

after that go to search bar left to format by selecting cluster column chart and enable the trend line.

komald_1-1664438079195.png

I hope this will work for you, if yes mark as a solution. Thanks

How do i actually get the data into power Bi though ? I have the data in an excel table but not sure how to put the figures into power bi to then link the trend line too ? So its not a trend line off the data over the year its what the figure should be at so in sales terms we have got 150 sales but at this point in the year we should have 200 and thats what i need to show on the line

Thanks for the video links doesnt fully answer the query still not sure how to get my own custom made trend line on the graph

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.