Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Year to Date totals not appearing when Filtering using All Function

Hello,

I have a field that calculates fine at the row level within a table but doesn't not display at the total level (please see image below).  Any recommendations on how I should modify it so the total will display correctly?

Thanks for any help

• Measure is called YTD DF and uses Sales results from a Table called 'Actuals' (measure calculation shown below)
  • The objective of the measure is to calculate the sum total sales year to date
  • Filters reference 3 other tables: CalendarTable to select the month you want to see YTD data up to, and two product group dimension tables called Channels and Brands

YTD DF =
CALCULATE([Sales],
     FILTER(ALL(Actuals),
          Actuals[Month Number] <= SELECTEDVALUE(CalendarTable[Month Number]) &&
          Actuals[Year Num] = YEAR(TODAY()) &&
          Actuals[Channel] = SELECTEDVALUE(Channels[Channels]) &&
          Actuals[ReportingBrand] = SELECTEDVALUE(Brand[Brand])))

Picture1.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dedelman_clng
Community Champion
Community Champion

Make sure CalendarTable is the "parent" of your sales table (you may have to create a full date column on the sales table instead of just having month number & year number)

Then you can create a measure using TOTALYTD, and the nature of slicers is such that you do not have to reference them directly:

YTD DF = CALCULATE(TOTALYTD(Actuals[Sales]))

The selected values of Brand and Channel from the slicers will automatically filter down the measure.

Hope this helps,

David

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dedelman_clng
Community Champion
Community Champion

Make sure CalendarTable is the "parent" of your sales table (you may have to create a full date column on the sales table instead of just having month number & year number)

Then you can create a measure using TOTALYTD, and the nature of slicers is such that you do not have to reference them directly:

YTD DF = CALCULATE(TOTALYTD(Actuals[Sales]))

The selected values of Brand and Channel from the slicers will automatically filter down the measure.

Hope this helps,

David

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah ha.  Brilliant.  When I was searching for how to calculate YTD online the solution I saw was this more complicated method.  Nice that there's a function in place.  Seems like there's lots of good Power BI adds occuring.

Thanks again

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.