Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dhirus
Frequent Visitor

Year slicer not filtering the date range slicer

I have a year slicer with year value like 2020,2021 and 2022

and another date range slicer with value from 1-1-2020 to 8-31-2022

If I select year slicer and select value like 2020 than date range slicer should filter the date according to year 2020 only -but it's not working,  whereas if I put the date range slicer in dropdown or list date slicer - the Year is filtering correctly but for the range it's not working.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Dhirus
Frequent Visitor

@amitchandak 

I got the solution - usually when you slice/filter from the Year slicer to date range slicer, bydefault edit interaction was set none so we have to make it filter(edit interaction) and it will work. 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Dhirus , Range base slicers usually do not get filtered by other slicers. You can create and idea -https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/

@amitchandak

That's what I was thinking - Thanks for your input and sure I will put this under Power BI create idea.

Dhirus
Frequent Visitor

@amitchandak 

I got the solution - usually when you slice/filter from the Year slicer to date range slicer, bydefault edit interaction was set none so we have to make it filter(edit interaction) and it will work. 🙂

Does not work for me

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.