Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Wesleyvanv
Frequent Visitor

Year on Year meassure in a Matrix

Hi All,

I would like to have a simple matrix view where you can see the YOY change. I have created below table for time being where I calculate all the measures but want to have it in a simple view as the matrix shown below. Please help! 🙂 

Table

This Year QuantityThis Year TurnoverLast Year QuantityLast Year TurnoverDiff QuantityDiff Turnover
Customer A1003007020030100
Customer B120350130370-10-20
Customer C9028095275-55

Matrix

2018 2017 Difference
 QuantityTurnoverQuantityTurnoverQuantityTurnover
Customer A1003007020030100
Customer B120350130370-10-20
Customer C9028095275-55
4 REPLIES 4
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Wesleyvanv,

It seems that the values in table visual are measures except the customer column?

Do you have another date column or date table?

If you have date column, you could create matrix using Custom column as Row, Date column as Column and measures as value.

If you still need help, please share your data sample so that we could help further on it.

Best  Regard,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-piga-msft,

Please find below the pbix with the current matrix, the table as temp solution and the preferrable matrix.

Hope you can help me out with this!

https://ufile.io/q9qww

Thanks

Wes

Hi @Wesleyvanv,

For your requirement, I'm afraid that we may not achieve your desired output directly in power bi.

Here is a workaround which is not the best but it's a choice.

Capture.PNG

You could turn off the word warp of Column header and values under formatting. Then drag the column width like the image above. The 2018-2017 is a shape of rectangle.

More details, please refer to the attachment.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-piga-msft,

Thanks for this, I had already done this workaround and it works with two measures in this example, but I have a matrix with 4 measures and then it looks a bit messy. Anyway I think I should just make it not to difficult and go for the table solution or workaround.

Thank you for helping.

Wes 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.