Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Year getting disappear on selection of month

Hi Team,

I can see my Year and month in slicer but as soon as I select a Year and a month from slicer the another year gets hide as if there is no data for that year.

There are no filters on page as well as report level.

Secondly also not able to sort the month.

Procedure I have done - I have created a table Month name and Month Key as Jan will be 1 Feb will be 2 so on.

I have given relation relation between the main table and above Month table, then sorted the month from month key.

Thanks in Advance 

6 REPLIES 6
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

So whst's the relationship between two tables and could you please share more details for further discussion?

Sample data and expected output would help tremendously.
Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

Anonymous
Not applicable

1.PNG

I have the above table with data and second table I have created Key. PFA for reference when there is no selection I am able to see both the years but as soon as I select a year and any month the another year gets disappear
As well as the month also are not in the required key format as I want like Jan should be first then Feb then March

Hope this will help you to resolve the issue

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can smeone please help me out with this!!!

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry for replying late. I'm not certain whether I have understood this correctly.

1. Did you mean when you select slicer, it just shows one value in other visual? If so, slicer is used as a page filter, when you choose one value, it will juse show data related to this value. If you want to show multi columns, you can choose multi in slicers;
  2. As for why it cannot be sorted by month, what's the data type of your month column? If the type is text, you cannot sort by month like Jan, Feb... You should create a Date table and extract month from it to sort by month.

If there is any issue with my understanding, please let me know🙂. Willing for further help.

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

Extremely sorry for such a late response. Got to know the issue it was just a silly overlook from my side.

I had Oct Nov Dec in 2019 but for 2020 it had only the data from Jan to Aug, so when I selected 2019 in year and Oct in month the year 2020 would get hide as it does not contain Oct month.

This was my analysis do not know is this correct or not but I think it is logically correct.

Thanks to All for support.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.