Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

StuartSmith
Power Participant
Power Participant

Year 2020 displaying as "202"

I'm sure I have asked this before, but unable to find the question in my previous questions or by searching, so hopefully someone can help.

I am importing an excel file into Power Bi and there are multiple columns with the format Calendar week.Year "01.2020", but for some reason all columns for 2020 are displaying as "Calendarweek.202" and not "Calendarweek.2020".

Any ideas why its cutting off the "0" at the end.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@amitchandak I just remembered how I fixed it last time.  I switched off "Type Detection" and now the year "2020" is displaying correctly.

2020-10-08_09-54-14.png

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

@StuartSmith  Please check if the DataType of the "CalendarWeek.Year" column is changed in Power Query editor.

It would be really helpful to point to exact issue if we have a sample of data.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@StuartSmith , difficult to say without looking at data.

Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

@amitchandak I just remembered how I fixed it last time.  I switched off "Type Detection" and now the year "2020" is displaying correctly.

2020-10-08_09-54-14.png

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.