Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Sagejah9
Helper III
Helper III

YTD for last 3 months based on selected month in slicer not working

Hi, I am building a report to show last 3 months of data grouped by Month to Date and Year to date. I created a measure to Calculate the year to date amount and used the datesinperiod function to get the last 3 months. However the Ytd is not showing correctly. For instance when I select a month to show the last 3 months from, Its not calculating the YTD from January but from the earliest of the last 3 months from the month selected. 

Sagejah9_0-1627880923074.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Try Use following to calculate YTD and see if this works for you

Amount_YTD = 

CALCULATE(SUM(IncomeStatement[Value]),DATESYTD(IncomeStatement[EndofMonth]),ALL(IncomeStatement))

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
FarhanAhmed
Community Champion
Community Champion

Can you please share the DAX code that you are writing to calculate your YTD ?

Also if possible if you can share the columns/measures that  you are using while creating the Matrix/Visual

Amount_YTD= TOTALYTD(SUM(IncomeStatement[Value]),IncomeStatement[EndofMonth],"Dec/31")

Try Use following to calculate YTD and see if this works for you

Amount_YTD = 

CALCULATE(SUM(IncomeStatement[Value]),DATESYTD(IncomeStatement[EndofMonth]),ALL(IncomeStatement))

It's an improvement but  it returns duplicates of the first row. The All function is causing it. 

I figured out what the problem was. The all was applied to the wrong table. Thanks @FarhanAhmed 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.