Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simrantuli
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

YTD Trend and 'Show items with no data' issue

Hi All,

I am facing an issue while showing YTD trend in a bar chart.

So, my bar chart looks something like below, if no value from the 'Month' slicer is selected. I have checked 'Show items with no data' as I want to show Months with zero values as well.

simrantuli_0-1597339022302.png

Now, the issue comes when I select a month from the slicer. Let's say I select 'May 20', then the bar chart shows me data till May 20 but also shows June 20 with value zero as shown below.

simrantuli_1-1597339116127.png

Basically what I want is that if I have selected a Month, then the chart should show me data till that month only. In the above chart, I should not see 'June 20'.

How do I resolve this?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @simrantuli 

Based on your description, I created data to reproduce your scenario. The pbix file is attached in the end.

Table:

c1.png

Calendar(a calculated table):

Calendar = CALENDARAUTO()

There are no relationship between two tables. You may create calculated columns and measure as below.

Calculated column:

Table Year Month = YEAR('Table'[Date])*100+MONTH('Table'[Date])
Calendar Year Month = YEAR('Calendar'[Date])*100+MONTH('Calendar'[Date])

Measure:

Visual Control = 
IF(
    SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Table Year Month])<=SELECTEDVALUE('Calendar'[Calendar Year Month]),
)

Finally you need to put the measure in the visual level filter and use 'Date' column from 'Calendar' to get the result.

c2.png

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @simrantuli 

Based on your description, I created data to reproduce your scenario. The pbix file is attached in the end.

Table:

c1.png

Calendar(a calculated table):

Calendar = CALENDARAUTO()

There are no relationship between two tables. You may create calculated columns and measure as below.

Calculated column:

Table Year Month = YEAR('Table'[Date])*100+MONTH('Table'[Date])
Calendar Year Month = YEAR('Calendar'[Date])*100+MONTH('Calendar'[Date])

Measure:

Visual Control = 
IF(
    SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Table Year Month])<=SELECTEDVALUE('Calendar'[Calendar Year Month]),
)

Finally you need to put the measure in the visual level filter and use 'Date' column from 'Calendar' to get the result.

c2.png

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

simrantuli
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@v-alq-msft Thank you so much! It worked. I was trying to figure out a solution since days. Thanks again.

amitchandak
Super User IV
Super User IV

@simrantuli , once you select a month. it will show YTD for that monthly only, Refer if this approach can help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duMSovyosXE

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
Dashboard of My Blogs !! YouTube Channel !! Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

MBAS on Demand

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Microsoft named a Leader in The Forrester Wave

Microsoft received the highest score of any vendor in both the strategy and current offering categories.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.