Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kman42
Helper III
Helper III

YTD Running Total Chart

I am trying to create a chart showing the running cummulative total by day for the current fiscal year. Here is the measure I am using:

Total Proposed Project Costs YTD = TOTALYTD(
   [Total Proposed Project Costs],
   CalendarSubmitted[Date],
   CalendarSubmitted[Date]<=Today(),"6/30")

I made my chart axis CalendarSubmitted[Date], but the chart shows everything from the beginning of the fact table. I want it to just show this year by date. I don't want to have to manually change the filter on the graph every time the FY changes. How do I incorportate that into the measure? And I ultimately want to add another line with a Last YTD measure.

Screen Shot 2019-10-02 at 10.07.41 AM.pngI

4 REPLIES 4
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kman42 

Would you like to show total Ytd values for current year
(eg, this year2019, show Ytd values from 2019/1/1 to today)

Capture8.JPG

Measure = TOTALYTD([sum cost],'calendar'[Date],'calendar'[Date]<=TODAY()&&YEAR('calendar'[Date])=YEAR(TODAY()))

Or for current year 2019, show values from 2018/7/1 to 2019/6/30?

Best Regards
Maggie
Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Closer to the latter. For the current year (2019), I want to show FY 2020, which runs 7/1/2019 to 6/30/2020. I also want to show Last YTD on the same graph as a different line. My CalendarSubmit table has a column for FY, so:

Date                      FY

8/1/2019               2020

5/1/2019               2019

Hi @kman42 

Create two measures

CY_YTD-TODAY =
CALCULATE (
    TOTALYTD (
        [sum cost],
        'calendar'[Date],
        'calendar'[fiscal year]
            = YEAR ( TODAY () ) + 1,
        "6/30"
    ),
    FILTER ( 'calendar', 'calendar'[Date] <= TODAY () )
)

LY_YTD = TOTALYTD([sum cost],'calendar'[Date],'calendar'[fiscal year]=YEAR(TODAY()),"6/30")
Capture2.JPG
Best Regards
Maggie
Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I'm getting closer, but it's still not right.

Screen Shot 2019-10-04 at 12.01.24 PM.png

I'd like both lines to start on the graph in July 2019, so I can direclty see how this year is doing compared to last year by the same point in the year.

I set the filter on the graph to relative date filtering for dates in this year, but that leaves the tail on the left. I want the graph to start on July 1 of whatever current fiscal year we are in (currently 2020).

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.