Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Super User IV
Super User IV

Re: YTD MTD Calculations which need to show results when filter with Month-Year

Check

Last Year YTD Sales = 
Var _max_end_date = CALCULATE(MAXX(Dates,DATEADD(DATEADD(Dates[Date],-12,MONTH),1,DAY)),ALLSELECTED(Dates[Date]))
Var _min_end_date = CALCULATE(MAXX(Dates,STARTOFYEAR(DATEADD(Dates[Date],-12,MONTH))),ALLSELECTED(Dates[Date]))
Return
 CALCULATE(SUM(DATA[Amount]),Data[Date]>=_min_end_date && Data[Date] <_max_end_date,CROSSFILTER(Data[Date],Dates[Date],None))

YTD Sales = 
Var _max_end_date = CALCULATE(MAXX(Dates,DATEADD(Dates[Date],1,DAY)),ALLSELECTED(Dates[Date]))
Var _min_end_date = CALCULATE(MAXX(Dates,STARTOFYEAR(Dates[Date])),ALLSELECTED(Dates[Date]))
Return
 CALCULATE(SUM(DATA[Amount]),Data[Date]>=_min_end_date && Data[Date] <_max_end_date,CROSSFILTER(Data[Date],Dates[Date],None))

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
In case it does not help, please provide additional information and mark me with @
My Recent Blog -Week is not so Weak Proud to be a Super User! Connect on Linkedin

View solution in original post

Shubs Helper III
Helper III

Hi @amitchandak ,

Thanks for the formulas. All calculations are working fine now.

Only one issue left, as the table is single filter relationship and values will work with the Month(column) of the Date table.

So the other columns like type, descriptions(the filters I am using in the page) won't be filtered when I the month year column.

I have edited the interaction so that I can see all the values. But, I want when I filter to Sept 19 then the type filter and other filters also show just the values that are in Sept 19.

Thanks
Shubs

Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV

Make your relation bidirectional. Edit relation has an option. But this might slow down performance.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
In case it does not help, please provide additional information and mark me with @
My Recent Blog -Week is not so Weak Proud to be a Super User! Connect on Linkedin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Do you need help in Spanish? Check out our new Spanish community section.

MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

‘Better Together’ Integration Forum Launch

‘Better Together’ Integration Forum Launch

We've launched a how-to forum where you can learn about how Power BI integrates with other Power Platform products.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors