Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MuniqueCrespo
Helper I
Helper I

YTD % Growth when using Fiscal Year

Hello, 

How can I find the "Revenue in the first month" when using the Fiscal Year that starts on May 1st of every year?

I found a few answers in the Forum but they were all based on Calendar Year, not Fiscal.

this didn't work for me it shows all blank: 

Revenue in first month = calculate([T. revenue],datesbetween('dCalendar'[Calendar Date],minx(allexcept(dCalendar,'dCalendar'[Calendar Year]),'dCalendar'[Calendar Date]),minx(allexcept(dCalendar,'dCalendar'[Calendar Year]),'dCalendar'[Calendar Date] )))

I want to get a measure that calculates YTD %growth over the first month of the FYear. 

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MuniqueCrespo,

I'd like to suggest you use the fiscal year tag field to find out correspond calendar date range of start/end date at first. Then you can use these date values as condition in the formula calculation to limit the calculation ranges.

formula =
VAR currFY =
    MAX ( 'dCalendar'[Fiscal Year] )
VAR currDate =
    MAX ( 'Table'[Date] )
VAR range =
    CALCULATETABLE (
        VALUES ( 'dCalendar'[Date] ),
        FILTER ( ALLSELECTED ( 'dCalendar' ), [Fiscal Year] = currFY )
    )
RETURN
    CALCULATE (
        [T. revenue],
        FILTER (
            ALLSELECTED ( 'Table' ),
            [Date] >= MINX ( range, [Date] )
                && [Date] <= MAXX ( range, [Date] )
                && [Date] <= currDate
        )
    )

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hello, 

Thank you for your reply. To find the YTD values I have the Formula below which works fine for me. Your formula does the same as below. What I need help with is the find the YTD % Growth.

Revenue YTD = if(ISBLANK([T. Revenue]), Blank(), CALCULATE([T. Revenue],DATESYTD(dCalendar[calendar Date],"30/04")))

I need the YTD return Calculation. something like: 

YTD Returns Calculation

For example, if an investor’s portfolio was worth $200,000 at the beginning of the Fiscal Year and is currently worth $220,000 in the middle of the Fiscal Year, the year to date return is calculated as 10%.

• Year to Date (YTD) = [($220,000 – $200,000) ÷ $200,000) = 0.10, or 10%

HI @MuniqueCrespo,

Can you please share a pbix or some dummy data that keep the raw data structure with expected results? It should help us clarify your scenario and test to coding formula.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly  

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.