Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

YTD - Blanks In Card visuals vs charts

Hi,

I'm, having an issue with the YTD and the Card visuals. I can't seem to get it to show the last value.

For the YTD calcualtion I've stopped it calcualting forward, for future months using the following:

Test Measure = IF ( MAX ( 'Calendar'[Date] ) <= TODAY (), TOTALYTD([Income (Actual)],Calendar[Date], "03/31"), BLANK () )

So if anything after today, it will not show on the line chart, however if I use the measure in the Card visual I get Blank(), as I assume that Blank is the last value in above logic. I've tried using a LAST NON BLANK, the only way I can over come it is to create a Is current month in my calendar table and filter the card visual on that, however that doesn't seem that elegent, and will stop working of the user chooses another month in the slicer. I've read a few posts that indicates I may need to trim the date calendar but I have to show future dates, as we want to visual actual v expected

Test Measure Issue.JPG

Any suggestions please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

You can use Year slicer to filter the card visual. Please review the following similar thread about why you get blank value in the card.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/TOTALYTD-Returning-BLANK/td-p/223457

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

You can use Year slicer to filter the card visual. Please review the following similar thread about why you get blank value in the card.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/TOTALYTD-Returning-BLANK/td-p/223457

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Thejeswar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi,

Try using Indicator Visual. I think that works by default taking the Latest Non-Blank Value. If you don't give anything to Category, that will look similar to a card

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for the reply... that doesn't seem to work, It still shows blank, I've have tried it with the KPI Card and the OKViz Card with States. The last value is blank()

thanks

J

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.