cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
staycool Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

YOY CALCULATION....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rXHBG2R5xuMtC0J-EwSaVsaunsjehjbf/view?usp=sharinghttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1siMKeL9KM2JerWBNoLyHpdgL_fFaF0yO/view?usp=sharing

I am trying to calculate YOY but not working...

total sales = sum('data'[gmv])
last year = CALCULATE('data'[total sales],DATEADD('table'[DATE].[Date],-1,year))
last year2 = CALCULATE( [total sales], SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR('table'[DATE].[Date]))

As you can see the image above, total sales , last year1 and 2  are all same.... 
I have attached the relationship of tables.

Thanks in advance.
Bests,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: YOY CALCULATION....

Hi @staycool 

By my test, your formula is worked. You can have a try to the following steps to check your table.

1.Required the table about date is a calendar table , if you use a time intelligence function.

Capture0.PNG

2.Choose Modeling -->Manage Relationships. The relationship of two tables is many-to-one.

00.jpgCapture1.PNG

3.In report view, choose Modeling --> New Measure

DATEADD() and SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR() are related to the date, you need to add the date in the calendar table.

total sales = sum('data'[Gross Sales])

last year = CALCULATE('data'[total sales],DATEADD('Table2'[DATE].[Date],-1,year))

last year2 = CALCULATE( [total sales], SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR('Table 2'[Date].[Date]))

Different = IF( ISBLANK([last year2]),BLANK(),[last year2] -[total sales] )

YOY = [Different] / [last year2]

Capture3.PNG

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

1 REPLY 1

Re: YOY CALCULATION....

Hi @staycool 

By my test, your formula is worked. You can have a try to the following steps to check your table.

1.Required the table about date is a calendar table , if you use a time intelligence function.

Capture0.PNG

2.Choose Modeling -->Manage Relationships. The relationship of two tables is many-to-one.

00.jpgCapture1.PNG

3.In report view, choose Modeling --> New Measure

DATEADD() and SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR() are related to the date, you need to add the date in the calendar table.

total sales = sum('data'[Gross Sales])

last year = CALCULATE('data'[total sales],DATEADD('Table2'[DATE].[Date],-1,year))

last year2 = CALCULATE( [total sales], SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR('Table 2'[Date].[Date]))

Different = IF( ISBLANK([last year2]),BLANK(),[last year2] -[total sales] )

YOY = [Different] / [last year2]

Capture3.PNG

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.