Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bryanc78
Helper IV
Helper IV

Y-axis - anyway to adjust the size of it?

Any way to shrink the size of the y-axis?  As you can tell, the frist bar has it's data point on the inside instead of the outside like all the others.  I tried Log instead of Linear and while that worked, it had my max be 100 and it caused all the bars to be close to the same level.

Capture.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI, @bryanc78

You could manually set the start value and end value,

and there is a workaround for you refer to is that set data labels->Position->Inside End

3.JPG4.JPG

5.JPG

Best Regards,
Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I did see those fields but as the numbers will constantly change throughout the month, I did not want to put a hard cap on the start/end scale type.

Guess I'll either leave it be or change the location to inside end instead of outside end

hi, @bryanc78

Yes, It couldn't achieve that set start/end value dynamically in power for now. 

For your requirement, you could post your new idea in Power BI ideas and make this feature coming sooner.

and  leave it be or change the location to inside end instead of outside end is also a great workaround.  Smiley Very Happy

and could you please tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, could you please mark the helpful replies as Answered?

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @bryanc78,

You can set the maximum and minimum values on Y-Axis that's the only way to have the size of the axis set.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors