Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Y Axis starting value issue

Hi All,

I have a simple Area Chart, with X-axis showing hours of the day, and a simple measure for sum of sales:

Capture.PNG

As you can see, the Y-axis starting value is (-1), despite it set to 0 on the right, and having no value below 0.

When there are actual sales, the chart appears OK with Y axis starting from 0 - this error only happens when there are no sales at all.

When setting End value to 1, it also changes to start from 0.

Tried changing the starting value to -0.0001, but it just makes the Y axis to start there and end at 0.

Is this a bug or is there are way around it?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

It is technically by design, in that it is how the axis logic is set up. We aren’t planning on prioritizing a change to the logic since it only happens when all values are zero, and there are few situations when there is a real business case for having an all 0 line and an axis of 0 to 1.

There is a similar issue you can reference.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

It is technically by design, in that it is how the axis logic is set up. We aren’t planning on prioritizing a change to the logic since it only happens when all values are zero, and there are few situations when there is a real business case for having an all 0 line and an axis of 0 to 1.

There is a similar issue you can reference.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

...there are few situations when there is a real business case for having an all 0 line and an axis of 0 to 1.

@v-xuding-msft- I have a potential business case where all values on the Line Chart Visualization will always be positive. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

I wouldn't call it a "solution", as I can't use this visual like this infront of clients (it happens more often than not that all values are 0, it really depends on the time frame).

But I'll have to accept it as a "solution" for the time being.

Thanks for taking the time for a detailed reply!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors