Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tschmidt87
Helper I
Helper I

Y-Axis scale type dropdown bugged?

Hi, i am trying to change the Y-Axis scale type from "Linear" to "Log" in one of my Scatter Charts but it just won't let me choose anything. The dropdown literally just offers one choice.

c5d11539ef

I realized that, depending on what data is placed on the Y-Axis, the "Log" option becomes available, but what criteria is this based on? I can't find a reason/rule. If i knew what the rule was, i could maybe adjust my data source to allow me to utilize the "Log" scale.

P.S. The reason i absolutely need to use "Log" is because i have a bubble chart with some crazy outliers (which i definitely can't just filter out since they are still important). The majority of the bubbles are dwelling somewhere near the 0-mark of the Y-Axis so you can't really distinguish any difference between all of them. With "Log" it would center the majority of the bubbles, and skip a few thousand gridlines to show the outlier too.

3 REPLIES 3
Hikmer
Employee
Employee

Is there a fix for this?  I cannot understand the grammar of the response and need a solution to use the LOG feature.  I apologize, I do not wish to make a harsh comment but the way the previous poster replied is very confusing and doesn't help me figure out the solution.

Thanks!

im not sure either. try replacing all "null" values with 0?

wendellcesars

I had this same problem here and managed to find a possible solution.

Basically when I replaced all values null 0 for a specific field, the scale type "Log" disappeared.

What I did was let the null values in my field, and apparently the scale type "Log" option reappeared.

I do not know why this happened and this is the reason even though, this was what happened to me.

I hope helped you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.