Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jewelry
Regular Visitor

Y Axis and Log Scale

Is there a way to reflect multiple values on the y axis? For example, I want to plot a line graph for the amount of of clicks and impressions (which is in the hundreds and thousands) along with our Conversion rate (e.g. 2%). When plotting the clicks and impressions with a % in the same graph, my Conversion rate line is almost invisible/flat because it's so small. I am already using the Log scale. I tried changing the display (thousands, billions) but it did not change my graph at all.
Is there another method so I can see my data more proportionally?

7 REPLIES 7
v-dabatc
Employee
Employee

This is a much needed feature.  I'd like to see this come down the pipe relatively soon.

Hello,

If you go the formatting brush you can then select the Log from the dropdown on axis Scale Type.

Would this work?

Log.png

@jewelry Yes you can have a secondary Y-Axis

See my response here => http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Force-second-y-axis/m-p/25015#M8165

itchyeyeballs
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

In excel you can specify a second axis to get around this problem, I dont think PBI has this functionality yet though.

One workaround (and its not the greatest) would be to create a second seperate chart and overlay it on top off the first. If you turn off the background and labels etc you can get it to show just the line

Bjoern
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

2 lines is not possible, but combination of line and column is possible: "Line and cluster column chart" is the answer. It's one of the newer standard-charts:

http://imgur.com/oTStgyS

Especially in Power BI I advise you NOT TO overlay charts. Pure mess, trust me. 😮

@Bjoern agree with the sentiment of not overlaying, I was scraping the barrel for a solution as when I looked at the visualisation you suggested I couldn't see a way to adust the two seperate y axis independantly so assumed the same scaling issues.

Would love MS to add duel Axis and also option to invert axis for rankings etc where 1 needs to be at the top.

Bjoern
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Yes, truely, the options would be unlimited. I am still dreaming of a "dynamic" axis which can be cut off dynamically, e.g. just showing an interval between 50 and 100 based on the values. Would be the same like the min() max() functions, which can be used in excel. By doing this, charts could be combined etc ... ah, imagine the possibilities.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.