Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cmotta
Regular Visitor

XNPV through time

Hi,

I have the following cash flow, and I need the npv value of it through time.

3.PNG

I have tried using xnpv, but either I get the npv of just the period or I get the npv of the whole thing. What I need is the npv of future cashflows. The closest I have gotten is using 

CALCULATE(
XNPV(cf,(CF[Forecast])*-1,CF[Date],.15)
,filter(ALL(CF),
CF[Date]>=max(CF[Date]))) 

However, that has two main problems. One is that at the end it just goes back to the npv of the whole thing instead of 0 or ending, and second that it is just seems to be calculating at the points where there is data, and not every month. 

The black line is that it should look like (I did it in excel and imported it), and the other line is the formula I pasted.

2.PNG

So the question is: How can I calculate XNPV of all and only the future months?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@cmotta

1. One is that at the end it just goes back to the npv of the whole thing instead of 0 or ending

I haven't reproduced your issue. It just typed 6 rows as your sample. The measure goes to the end properly in line chart. 

44.PNG

2. it is just seems to be calculating at the points where there is data, and not every month. 

This issue should be solved by add a full calendar table and build relationship to your CF table on Date column.

Regards,

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@cmotta

1. One is that at the end it just goes back to the npv of the whole thing instead of 0 or ending

I haven't reproduced your issue. It just typed 6 rows as your sample. The measure goes to the end properly in line chart. 

44.PNG

2. it is just seems to be calculating at the points where there is data, and not every month. 

This issue should be solved by add a full calendar table and build relationship to your CF table on Date column.

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.