Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Gangula
Advocate II
Advocate II

XML mapping works different in Power BI and Excel

I have used XML mapping to count the number of issues I have currently. But when I try to do the same process in Power BI, it doesn't work properly. I don't know where I'm going wrong. Can someone help me with this? The following image shows the differences between data imported through XML mapping and Query editor

Excel vs Power BIExcel vs Power BI

3 REPLIES 3
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@Gangula,

From XML data source, please refer to the links which describes how to get data from XML data source step by step, anc chek if you have anything missed or not.

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/blogs/data-adventures/2017/08/08/data-modeling-in-power-bi-using-xml...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH-4BpjMWUY

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Hey @v-caliao-msft

The webpage link that you've provided seems to be having the solution that I need, but for some reason, I cant see the images embedded into the webpage. I've tried opening it in various browsers but still was unsuccessful in viewing the images. 

Is it the same case with you too? If not can you please help me by downloading the webpage into HTML file and sharing. I really need to understand this. The video you've provided doesn't show a similar example as in my case.

Nevermind, got it

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.