Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ssolovei
Frequent Visitor

XIRR function error in a PowerBI model

Dear experts,

Could you please help me with the following question?

We have a PowerBI model that works fine for all calculations except for measures that use XIRR function.

The XIRR function seems to be working only with relatively small number of members in a dimension.

For example if I want to calculate XIRR by company dimension (we have 300 companies in the portfolio), then the calculation fails.

If we limit the number of companies to let's say 30, then the calculation works fine for each company.

Is there any limits for XIRR function in terms of number of members in a dimension that you want to calculate the XIRR by?

Is it possible to fix this issue somehow? Do we need to add more RAM or more CPU power to be bale to calculate XIRR for all 300 companies in our portfolio?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The issue with XIRR function was resolved by SQL Server RTM CU8 and SQL Server SP1 CU6 cummulative updates.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@ssolovei,

I see you already have submitted a ticket here, so stay tuned.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

The issue with XIRR function was resolved by SQL Server RTM CU8 and SQL Server SP1 CU6 cummulative updates.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.