Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

X axis start from different places

Hi all,

I have two questions regarding the below:

(top graph is Area Chart, bottom graph is Line with stacked column chart)

Capture.PNG

1. In the lower graph, the line represent an average of the blue category, and sometimes rolls over the data labels.

As this is a stacked column chart, I cannot put the data labels on the outside end (too much to ask from PBI, even when leaving it as the only category with data label...).

Any was around this? Understndably, this is unacceptable to the client.

2. X-axis of both graphs don't start, end or show all hours one above the other.

You can see that the bottom stacked column chart X-axis starts a bit more to the right than the upper grpah, ends a bit more to the left, and the middle hours are not aligned.

This happens despite both graphs being the same exact X position, height, width and X-axis values and settings (Categorical, Minimum category width 35, maximum size 15%).

I tried playing around with minimum category width (don't make any difference, until suddenly at 39 is jumps to scroll size) or inner padding in the lower graph (slightly improves when maxing at 50% but still far from being on same scale).

Font is exactly the same, responsiveness is set to active (tried off, all hell broke lose).

Any suggestions?

thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous ,

1. It seems that you have problems about data label for line and stacked column chart.

I have a little confused about your requirement. What is your desired data lable position? If it is convenient, could you share your expected position?

2. For the problem you mentioned , the X axis start from different places, I'm afraid that may be by design for different visuals.

As we can see, if you create the same visual with same data, there will not have this issue.

Capture.PNG

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

1. It would be nice if I could add a header or short legend only for the line itself, let the users know what they are seeing.

Like a short header "Average" right above the line on the top left.

As it stands- I can only add full legend for all values, or a header for static line.

2. I realize that with the same visual type the axis would be the same, I'm just puzzled as to what's the logic of designing the axis to act differently on different visuals. Never had this problem in Excel, and it makes using two different graphs on same page look ridiculous.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors