Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

X axis on Bar Chart only showing Even Months

Greetings everybody,

I'm creating a bar chart but only even months show on the X axis.

I did some digging and users normally recommend using name type collumn (Jan, Fev, Mar...) instead of numbers for the months, but the database is extracted directly from my company's system which uses numbers. It also has over 200mb so I'm having a hard time doing any alterations, working it out on PBI would be the best solution.

Any insights on how show all month numbers?

Thanks!

err.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous ,

If you want to show Month Name( Jan, Feb, Mar...) in power bi for your scenario.

I think you could create another calculated column with switch like below.

=SWITCH([Month], 1, "January", 2, "February", 3, "March", 4, "April"  
               , 5, "May", 6, "June", 7, "July", 8, "August"  
               , 9, "September", 10, "October", 11, "November", 12, "December"  
               , "Unknown month number" ) 

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Jon3sy
Helper I
Helper I

Ok so it seems you answered the question of changing the month display format but did you resolve the issue of the missing months not displaying as I have the same issue - refer screen shot

Jon3sy_0-1680212812747.png

Oh and just for the record, the format is already set to continuous

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous ,

Have you solved the problem?

If you have solved, please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If you still need help, feel free to ask.

Best Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous ,

If you want to show Month Name( Jan, Feb, Mar...) in power bi for your scenario.

I think you could create another calculated column with switch like below.

=SWITCH([Month], 1, "January", 2, "February", 3, "March", 4, "April"  
               , 5, "May", 6, "June", 7, "July", 8, "August"  
               , 9, "September", 10, "October", 11, "November", 12, "December"  
               , "Unknown month number" ) 

Best  Regards,

Cherry

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous go to format pane, under x-axis change type to continuous instead of categorical.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.