Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Amomin1988
Frequent Visitor

X-axis not displaying what values I chose

Good afternoon,

I have a visualization that is supposed to show errors by time of day. When my data model has more data and more instances of errors, the visualization populates as I would like it to, but with few errors and data points, the visualization changes.
I would like the X-Axis to show Time over a 24 hour period. Such as the image below:howitshouldbe.PNG

But what I end up with is this:

BI Help.PNG

Now, I don’t mind if it only had ONE time, say 12:00:00 AM, but this is giving me the date on the X-axis that isn’t even correct.  I looked at the data model, made sure all of my columns had the correct format.  My time column has a Time Only format but still shows the auto date of 12/30/1899.  Any tips on how to get this to display the time and NOT the date in the X-axis?

2 REPLIES 2
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Amomin1988 change data type of your column to time, or make new column by duplicating this column adn change its' data type to time. I believe your current data type for your column is data/time not time

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

@parry2k I definitely have the column formatted as time  date.PNG

With that formatting everything looks fine in the query editor: 

looksnormal.PNG

But then, I apply and save, go to the modelling part in the data view and see this:

argggg.PNG

I think that auto time that gets added is my problem and I don't know how to get rid of it. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.