Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cnpdx
Helper II
Helper II

X axis not aligned

The X axis months on my charts are not aligned with the bars. For example, "Jan 2017" is aligned under December data. And this will repeat itself next month and the month after. But with different months and newer data. Any ideas how to fix?

shot 2.PNGshot 1.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Vvelarde
Community Champion
Community Champion

@cnpdx

Format of Visual--X Axis--Type

categorical axis.png

Lima - Peru

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
mettansridhar

Even im facing the same issue.

Have plot the Head count/Attrition (HR-Domain), but the FY which starts from April, but the X-axis is showing it as May, but tool-tip is correct, the first data point is from April.

Baskar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Cool dude,

It is really miracle to see this am surprised.

Can u please share the data to validate.

My personal thinking : This is not possible to show like this.

Note :

U have to check with your data or relationship between.

Let me know if any help.

not really comfortable sharing the file. but what kinds of possibilities do you see that could make this happen? im pretty sure my relationship between the dynamic date calendar and the sales table are correct. 

@Baskar wrote:

Cool dude,

It is really miracle to see this am surprised.

Can u please share the data to validate.

My personal thinking : This is not possible to show like this.

Note :

U have to check with your data or relationship between.

Let me know if any help.

Hey @cnpdx,

No need to share the file, but if you could share the relationship between the tables that would help. Also, how is the date column (used in the graph) formatted and what is the data type? Finally, I would look at the sorting on the date column, is it sorted by another column?

Hope this helps,

Alan

share the relationship between the tables that would help.

• 1 date from the dynamic date table to many dates on a transaction table

• relationships.PNG
  • Also, how is the date column (used in the graph)

• I use month end dates for everything-for example all sales no matter what date in july fall under 7/31
  • monthend.PNG
  • how is it formatted and what is the data type?
  • Data type: date
  •  

Finally, I would look at the sorting on the date column, is it sorted by another column?

• Its sorted by itself
  • sorting.PNG

thanks for your help!

@cnpdx

Does your fact table contain records without connecting to any date?

Based on your screenshot, it looks like you have "blank" category for your fact data, and you can see you already have 12 columns before the Jan 2017. So please verify the connecting date key column in your fact table.

Regards,

as you can see from this screenshot, the same data applied to 2 different views gives a different output, and this is where the alignment issue comes in. January 2017 for example-on the matrix all the data is accurate, sales aligns with the correct month. But when converted to chart format, the x-axis date label "Jan 2017" aligns with the December bar, and that is what needs to be fixed. 

this holds true not matter what types of reports i am running, not just this one

date alignment.PNG

Vvelarde
Community Champion
Community Champion

@cnpdx

Hi, Please Change X-Axis to Categorical

Continous vs Categorical.png

Lima - Peru

@Vvelarde ,

how do i change x-axis to categorical?

Vvelarde
Community Champion
Community Champion

@cnpdx

Format of Visual--X Axis--Type

categorical axis.png

Lima - Peru
mmmg
Frequent Visitor

Hi Vvelarde - your soltion works but I lose my Trend Line.

Before:

X axis Type = ContinuousX axis Type = Continuous

X axiz Type = Categorical Trend Line disappearsX axiz Type = Categorical Trend Line disappears

The end-user will not accept the solution without a trend line - Any ideas on how this may be resolved? Thanks 

Hello Victor!,

I have a similar problem with this chart:

Captura.JPG

I would to have the column a bit wider... please help!

This is my setttings:

Captura2.JPG

You are a life-saver! Thanks!

@Vvelarde

@v-sihou-msft

Hi, thanks for getting back to me

Does your fact table contain records without connecting to any date? all fact table records contain a date. there are no blanks, guaranteed

Based on your screenshot, it looks like you have "blank" category for your fact data, and you can see you already have 12 columns before the Jan 2017. So please verify the connecting date key column in your fact table.

where are you seeing the "blank category"? Here is a screenshot of the relationship. it's one to many: transaction date id from date table to many on fact table

fact relationship.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.