Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

X-axis label to show after every 4 hours or 5 hours

Hi,

Please assist.

My data displays after every 30mins on the X-axis. but I want the X-axis label to show after every 4 hours or 5 hours

(X-axis display label only) 

I have tried using bin in grouping  but it distorts the 30mins display data as all i want is just the label so my x-axis dont look clustered and can be easily read.

Also I want the label orientation to be horizontal instead of vertical.

See attached. What I want is as shown on the left and not as is on the right.

Please help

Show_Label_Xaxis.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

I have tried using bin in grouping  but it distorts the 30mins display data as all i want is just the label so my x-axis dont look clustered and can be easily read.

Also I want the label orientation to be horizontal instead of vertical.

What if you simply use Continuous type for X-Axis?

Based on my test, by using Continuous type for X-Axis will adjust the label automatically, so the X-Axis don't look clustered and can be easily read. Smiley Happy

Before using Continuous type for X-Axis.

r1.PNG

After using Continuous type for X-Axis.

r2.PNG

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I've used the continous but get attached meshed lines. This happens when i select a particular day in the above bar chart. The bar chart is in categorical. Did you select a particular day from the bar chart??..What else did you do. I have tried this severally before but keep getting the meshed line graph unlike what you are showed here. Please helpcontin.PNG

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you share a sample pbix file which can reproduce the issue, so that we can help further investigate on it? You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here, or sent it to me in private message. Do mask sensitive data before uploading. Smiley Happy

Regards

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Perhaps try categorical and adjusting your minimum category width? You also might have to look at a custom or R visual.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your suggestion:

My X-axis is already on categorical.

Please How can I adjust minimum category width?..Where is the option for such..

Also which custom or R visual to achieve this??

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.