Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rebeccaliu
Regular Visitor

X axis displayed in wrong order

I have a issue with the latest version of Power BI(May 2018), my X axis (Hour) is always displayed as reverse order. It'll display in correct order if I use the older version (March 2018) of Power BI. I've attached screenshots as below. 

The format of the Column (Hour) is whole number and it's in ascending order. Is this due to a bug in the latest version of Power BI?  

jpgjpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

So simple questions first:

* Youve clicked the '...' in top right of the visual? it allows the sort to change on the axis Z->A and A->Z by clicking on it

* The hour axis is stored as? Is it formatted in some way we are not seeing?

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
rebeccaliu
Regular Visitor

I've attahed the wrong image for the May 2018 version previously. Please refer to this image instead. As you could see, X axis is displayed in reserve order:

May18.JPG

So simple questions first:

* Youve clicked the '...' in top right of the visual? it allows the sort to change on the axis Z->A and A->Z by clicking on it

* The hour axis is stored as? Is it formatted in some way we are not seeing?

Thanks

Thank you so much for your help, problem solvedSmiley Very Happy.

For somehow my chart is always default to sort the axis Z-A, I didn't realise I can click on the '...' in top right of the visual to sort X axis.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.