Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

chrisrobaciu
Frequent Visitor

X and Y Axis

Hello there,

I feel like this is a really basic question (and I consider myself an intermediate Power BI user), but is there a way to enable a solid line for the X and Y axis in the line chart? I am not talking about a constant axis line or anything like that, just where the cartesian X and Y intersect. Currently my reports just show the axis with some gridlines (which I know cannot be manually modified, which is still a shame), which look nice but it is sometimes good to have a function over form.

thanks for your help and sorry if this is a basic question (I did a search and couldnt find anything)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
KNP
Super User
Super User

No, I don't think there is.

Very simple to fake with the X/Y constant lines but no out of the box settings.

If you really wanted to hack it, you could make a background in PowerPoint and use it in the plot area...

KNP_0-1656975904795.png

I've never really noticed which I guess means I've never wanted it, but now I can't unsee it, so thanks for that. 😂

Have I solved your problem?
Please click Accept as Solution so I don't keep coming back to this post, oh yeah, others may find it useful also ;).
chrome-9xf-Zagzel-B

If you found this post helpful, please give Kudos.
It gives me a sense of instant gratification and, if you give me Kudos enough times, magical unicorns will appear on your screen.
If you find my signature vaguely amusing, please give Kudos.
KIfp67uy-Sr
Proud to be a Super User!PBI-Super-User-Rank-30x30-1x

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @chrisrobaciu 

Thanks for reaching out to us.

>> but is there a way to enable a solid line for the X and Y axis in the line chart? 

could you show a picture of it? Not really sure what the solid line you're talking about looks like.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

For example, the picture below. X and Y axes are a solid line. In Power BI, it seems to favour aesthetics in this regard (the lines are not there). Whereas, in Excel, you can set the line to whatever you like.

chrisrobaciu_0-1657182829334.png

KNP
Super User
Super User

No, I don't think there is.

Very simple to fake with the X/Y constant lines but no out of the box settings.

If you really wanted to hack it, you could make a background in PowerPoint and use it in the plot area...

KNP_0-1656975904795.png

I've never really noticed which I guess means I've never wanted it, but now I can't unsee it, so thanks for that. 😂

Have I solved your problem?
Please click Accept as Solution so I don't keep coming back to this post, oh yeah, others may find it useful also ;).
chrome-9xf-Zagzel-B

If you found this post helpful, please give Kudos.
It gives me a sense of instant gratification and, if you give me Kudos enough times, magical unicorns will appear on your screen.
If you find my signature vaguely amusing, please give Kudos.
KIfp67uy-Sr
Proud to be a Super User!PBI-Super-User-Rank-30x30-1x

Thanks, yes thats a good idea with the solid line option, just seems a basic thing to have a workaround for (but that is Power BI in general!)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.