Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

earlenereid
Frequent Visitor

X-Axis labels wrong with trend line

I am trying to create a Line Chart with a Trend Line.  However, I can't seem to get the X-Axis data labels to display correctly.

X-Axis Type=Continuous (with trend line but date labels are missing values) 

Capture.PNG

X-Axis Type=Categorical (trend line disappears)Capture.PNG

Any help will be most appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@earlenereid,

What you describe is expected behavior.

In Power BI Desktop, the trend line option is only available in Line chart when you set the X-Axis to “continuous”. And Continuous is the default type for X-Axis and it does not show all values in the x-axis.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@earlenereid,

What you describe is expected behavior.

In Power BI Desktop, the trend line option is only available in Line chart when you set the X-Axis to “continuous”. And Continuous is the default type for X-Axis and it does not show all values in the x-axis.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for your reply.  While this may be expected behavior, I can't imagine that many people would consider this as acceptable.  Especially since the labels that are showing are misaligned below the data points.  This makes the trend line functionality virtually useless for my application.

I hope that this functionality will be corrected soon.

Best regards,

Earlene

I am having the same issue and ended being forced to remove the trendline completely in order to get the correct axis labels for the bars on my clustered column chart. If I have a continuous x-axis type, the June 2018 label shifts to the middle bar which is showing the data for May 2018 (the May 2018 label also shifts left). And the righthand bar has no label (which is showing the June 2018 data). If I change the x-axis type to categorical the axis labels issues are resolved, but I loose the trendline unfortunately.view1.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue that the continuous date axis does not align with the graph itself, also one month shift.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.