Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

pypak001
Helper I
Helper I

X-Axis change of order

I am trying to change the order of legend appearance at the X-Axis. 

I saw a post and solution for the month order changes but my issue is not month but are general legend titles.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sorry wrong message. 

This is now resolved. I used your SORT and pressed it a couple of times and it eventually sorted in the order the same as they appear on the table.  Thanks

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
mauriciosotero
Resolver III
Resolver III

Try this:

Click in the top right icon (...) in the Chart, then select the option Sort By, then the name of the collum you want to order.

Thanks guys. See below. No manual intervention from me. 

See the order of legend changes in the CCChartSee the order of legend changes in the CCChart

Have you tried?

Click in the top right icon (...) in the Chart, then select the option Sort By "Stage"

Like this:

Capture.PNG

It sorts by value and not by the axix legend. Thanks

@mauriciosotero wrote:

Like this:

Capture.PNG

@mauriciosotero wrote:

Like this:

Capture.PNG

Great,

please mark my post as the solution.

Thanks

Didnt work. It only sorts by value/amount. I want to be able to manually change the legend order on the x-axis.

Sorry! I thougt the was resolved.

So, if you click em sort by, will appear two options: Stage, Amount. Correct? When you select Stage, it isn't ordering ordering by this column?

I got it. Moved the' Months' from 'Column values' to 'Shared Axis'...Thanks for your help.

Sorry wrong message. 

This is now resolved. I used your SORT and pressed it a couple of times and it eventually sorted in the order the same as they appear on the table.  Thanks

Tried...

check if the option "Sort ascending" is selected

Capture.PNG

Nathaniel_C
Super User
Super User

HI @pypak001 

Not sure if this is your issue, but if you change the order of your values, it will change the legend.
Let me know if you have any questions.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos are nice too.
Nathaniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi, Thanks for the quick response.

The issue is when they are displayed in a table the order of appearance is different than that of the Cluster chart, the order is back to front. For example, 

Table format 

AA   $ 

BB   $

CC   $

Clustered CC

CC   $ 

BB   $

AA  $

Hi @pypak001 ,

Go to Power Query, sort your table so it reverses the order (or however you want) Add an index column. That should capture the sort order you wish.  Go back to Power BI, select Modeling Tab, select your column, use the sort by column and choose your index.

Let me know if you have any questions.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos are nice too.
Nathaniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.