Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

aleem_ladak
Regular Visitor

X Axis - Date in X Axis - Removal of AM PM granularity

right now, i have a bar graph with a date (mmmmm dd yyyy) in the x axis, going back to January 1, 2015.

I have a number of filters set, with relative filtering as well. when i filter the graph to only show any 2 or 3 days (since Jan 1, 2015), the x axis shows the day i chose but also 12 am 6pm 12pm, etc.

How can I remove this? 

Note: right now I do not have the Date Heirarchy in the x axis, simply date. I do not wish to use a date heirarchy, as right now the x axis adjusts its units (years, quarter, months, etc.) based on the whats filtered (ie. show quarters if filtering 1 year only; show months if filtering 2 quarters only)

thanks, 

5 REPLIES 5
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@aleem_ladak 

In the Format section of the Visualizations pane, expand the X axis card and change the Type option from Continuous to Categorical.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@

didn't work....

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

The information you have provided is not making the problem clear to me. Can you please explain with an example. If possible please share a sample pbix file after removing sensitive information.
Thanks.

My Recent Blog -
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Winner-Topper-on-Map-How-to-Color-States-on-a-Map-wi...
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-tr...

There is too much confidential information so i will share a screenshot. See the "without filtering" and "with filtering" screen shots. How do I get rid of the 12pm and 6pm on the x axis in the "with filtering" screen shot?

Again, I do not have a date heirarchy because I wish the x axis to remain responsive and as is like in the "without filtering" screenshot. 

With filtering.pngWithout filtering.png

does anyone have a solution?

or am i not expaining this adequatly?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.