Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jrmar

X-Axis Date Format Changes after Publishing

Hello experts,

I am hoping to get some help with a problem where my x-axis in the desktop version of my report is not matching the published version.

In my desktop version I have a continuous type x-axis, showing a hierarical date:

Jrmar_0-1662746402462.png

Jrmar_1-1662746408362.png

Which shows with nice sparse labels:

Jrmar_2-1662746431564.png

However when I publish it, it seems the settings change to categorical and make the x-axis unreadable:

Jrmar_3-1662746612390.png

Jrmar_4-1662746642682.png

I am suspecting this is a recent global bug, because I have not changed this visual and been publishing it for the last 12 months without issue. 

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jrmar ,

I have submitted your issue to ICM , the ID is 336190051 . I'll be back with an update if there's any progress .

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jrmar ,

I have submitted your issue to ICM , the ID is 336190051 . I'll be back with an update if there's any progress .

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Thank you for this Selina!  Is there any update/timeline for the fix?

6one2
Regular Visitor

Same issue. The only way to fix the date format was to change the date hierarchy into a regular date.

VidurChandra
Regular Visitor

Facing the same issue. 

The labels of the x-axis change after publishing the App, from "Continous" to "Categorical".

Before:

VidurChandra_0-1663092539828.png

After:

VidurChandra_1-1663092672261.png

I can't seem to change it back to continous on app.powerbi.com either. 

Thanks

CB2704
Advocate I
Advocate I

I am experiencing the same issue.  This is what it looks like in my desktop version before I publish.

CB2704_0-1662998788430.png

Once I publish, it looks like this:

CB2704_1-1662998788557.png

It doesn't make any sense.  I have been publishing this report for month and not changed any settings.  Why isn't it working?  The continuous x-axis seems to have some sort of bug.  

Yup looks like the same issue - I have not had a resolution on my end yet.

CB2704
Advocate I
Advocate I

Any resolution to this?  I am experiencing the same issue.  Been publishing the same report for 8 months now, where I have a graph using the "continuous" x-axis type, but suddenly starting today, my published version is changing the axis to categorical.  

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

it looks like in your visual in the service you have the hierarchy expanded with the quarter in it, but the visual above only shows the month.    You probably need to drill down another level.

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Thank you so much for the response!

The drill down in the visual is drilled down to the month level, and technically showing the data correctly at the month level, just displaying the label improperly.

Jrmar_0-1662751992059.png

If I take quarter out of my hierarchy

Jrmar_1-1662752064611.png

It looks a little better:

Jrmar_2-1662752113666.png

but still is not matching what I had in the desktop version.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.