Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

harshadsp
Post Patron
Post Patron

Wrtting text based on chart values

Hello All,

Could you please advise is there any way I can write a text lines based on analytics from bar chart? Say, I have following bar chart in 1st 'Tab' page in PBI desktop -

Capture.PNG

Then I would like to write a text on 2nd 'Tab' page like "The max crimes (278) are recorded on Thursday and min crimes (220) are recoreded on Wednesday"

I guess I would need to use a card visual to embed the values in between the hardcoded texts but not sure how that would flow from tab 1 (where actaul graph is plotted) to tab 2 (where I need to write those lines).

Please advise.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @harshadsp,

Actually, I am confusing about your requirement: how that would flow from tab 1 (where actaul graph is plotted) to tab 2 (where I need to write those lines)?

For add a text line, you can create two measure to get the max/min value. I name the measure name to get max value as max_value, the measure name to get min value as min_value, then you can create another measure using the formula below to display it in card visual.

text="The max crimes"&&[max_value]&&"are recorded on Thursday and min crimes"&&[min_value]&&"are recoreded on Wednesday"

Please share more details for further analysis.

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @harshadsp,

Actually, I am confusing about your requirement: how that would flow from tab 1 (where actaul graph is plotted) to tab 2 (where I need to write those lines)?

For add a text line, you can create two measure to get the max/min value. I name the measure name to get max value as max_value, the measure name to get min value as min_value, then you can create another measure using the formula below to display it in card visual.

text="The max crimes"&&[max_value]&&"are recorded on Thursday and min crimes"&&[min_value]&&"are recoreded on Wednesday"

Please share more details for further analysis.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi @v-huizhn-msft

The 'text' formula worked for me, thank you! The only thing is that I need to have the card visual and bar chart visual on same page. I was looking that the bar chart and crad visual with this 'text' on different pages. 

But this works ultimately.

Thanks!

Thanks @v-huizhn-msft

Sorry for confusion. The requrement is like-

Assume I have one tab1 where I have the bar chart and I need to create another tab2 where I can write the text based on values of of chart in tab1. So I have doubt that how would I capture the values in tab1 chart and write those in tab2 text lines.

I will try as per you have mentioned.

Thanks for your inputs!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.