Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Karolina
Helper I
Helper I

Wrong values of measures

Hello people,
I have a many to many relationship in my source which is SSAS, when import the data to powerbi the totals are wrong, compared to when I see them in excel. In power bi:

Capture.PNG

In Excel :

Capture.PNG

There is clearly something wrong going on on measure 1 specially, any ideas what could be wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karolina
Helper I
Helper I

So the others answers didn't really solve my problem but gave me places to start looking, I ended up importing the data from the cube in different queries, and manually created the relationship again  in power bi.

The problem is thas powerbi creates a single table from the cube, no matter what measures and dimensions the query has, compared to excel where a simple import form a SSAS cube contains the relationship data. Anyway I just feel like this is something that powerbi should warn/let the user know when importing from SSAS

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Karolina
Helper I
Helper I

So the others answers didn't really solve my problem but gave me places to start looking, I ended up importing the data from the cube in different queries, and manually created the relationship again  in power bi.

The problem is thas powerbi creates a single table from the cube, no matter what measures and dimensions the query has, compared to excel where a simple import form a SSAS cube contains the relationship data. Anyway I just feel like this is something that powerbi should warn/let the user know when importing from SSAS

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Karolina , Can you share the measure formula, Can be because of row context too?

refer to this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufHOOLdi_jk

@amitchandak thanks for your answer, although it didn't really solve my problem as the measures are coming from the cube (not calculated in powerbi) I got some ideas from the video on how to fix this, I'll work on it durin gth eweek and update here when I am done

Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@Karolina 

Many-toMany Relationships should be avoided unexpected calculation results. Try to redesign your model with Many-to-One and try.

If my answer was helpful, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it

Click on the Thumbs-Up icon if you like this reply 🙂

YouTube  LinkedIn

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.