Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Unicorn_Tech
Resolver I
Resolver I

Wrong totals, different than export

Hi.  I have a table in Power BI, that looks pretty good. See pic below.  The problem is on export, the totals in excel are different.  See excel photo at bottom.  So basically the excel document is returning the correct totals, but for some reason the Power BI totals are off for the actual presented data.  How to fix this?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

I actuall was told by our developer that the problem had to do with summarizing LOV values.   We made this change, and the problem resolved itself. 

View solution in original post

Hello, I apologize for the delay.  What solved it for us was a simple rounding - surrounding the formula calculating all the numbers with the round formula, to two decimal points.)  This allowed all the sums to add up correctly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Unicorn_Tech

Could you please mark the proper answer if it's convenient for you? That will be a help to others.

Best Regards!
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I actuall was told by our developer that the problem had to do with summarizing LOV values.   We made this change, and the problem resolved itself. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I seem to be encountering the same issue. Would you mind elabloriting on the solution to fix this please.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards
Bash

Hello, I apologize for the delay.  What solved it for us was a simple rounding - surrounding the formula calculating all the numbers with the round formula, to two decimal points.)  This allowed all the sums to add up correctly.

Hi @Unicorn_Tech,

Thank you for sharing!

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
dilumd
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi 

This is possibly due to filtering and summation of your data when there is a relation build between tables.

Please create your measure as follows to get the correct values.

IF(HASONEVALUE(TableName[FieldName]),[Total Amount field],SUMX(VALUES(TableName[FieldName]),[Total Amount field])).

If you share some sample data i can do it for you.

Igotzepowerbi_0-1692826652768.png

Could you help me write your formula? I am having the exact some problem where my totals in PBI do not match the excel export.

Igotzepowerbi_1-1692826718201.png

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Unicorn_Tech,

Power BI  pivot table are slighty diffenrent in terms of context than the excel so if you are calculating averages, distintct counts or using  measures in your pivot the calculations are made on the aggregated level and not on the line level.

For example I supposed that in the count of name you are using a distinctcount and not a simple count correct? When you do this the total line will make the distinct count on all the levels and not the sum of de different year:

Example:      Result:

2013 - A      2013  - 1

2013 - A      2014 - 2

2014 - A      2015 - 1

2014 - B      Total - 2

2015 - A

What the calculations is making is the distinct count of the names A/B and in total there are only two distinct names.

Check if your total values have some issues of context within your table.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.