Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

vivien57
Helper II
Helper II

Wrong sorting: Stacked Column Chart

Hello everyone,

I don't understand a behaviour of PowerBI.

I have a Stacked Column Chart that has a bad sort (due to a many to many relationship)

Picture1.png

You can see in several places that the sorting is bad. Let's take for example the case of India and Sweden.

If I remove the legend axis, we can see that Sweden has a higher number than India.

Picture2.png

However, this is no longer the case when I use the legend axis (as the many-to-many generates more cases for India, but the sorting is not updated accordingly).

Do you have an idea?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Vivien

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
vivien57
Helper II
Helper II

I think I have found a workaround: sort on the one column which is the concatenation of the 2 fields.

I'm still doing tests and I'll keep you informed.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
vivien57
Helper II
Helper II

Hello everyone,

The concatenation works well.

Have a nice day,

Vivien

mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

If that doesn't work, you can make a measure that CALCULATEs the SUM after you REMOVEFILTERS from the legend column, add that to the visual as a Tooltip and Sort by it in the visual.

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

vivien57
Helper II
Helper II

I think I have found a workaround: sort on the one column which is the concatenation of the 2 fields.

I'm still doing tests and I'll keep you informed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vivien57  Can you expand more on this solution- I am having a similar issue where I can't figure out what my stacked chart is filtering on. It should be defect percentage (longest to smallest line). Any thoughts?

36C161EA-DE3F-434B-885B-6E4956A06933.jpeg

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.