Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wrong result when measure is filtered by months

Ive been several hours trying to figure something up and I dont know what it could be...

I have a measure that it gets me a % I need by month... when I choose the month in the slicer I get the  result I need correctly but when I choose more than 2 months it starts the problem:

Look the example:

SAMPLE DATA: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1bygl9st075gw7t/CC_CONSULT.pbix?dl=0 

Correct result in january:

1.png

Correct result in Febraury:

2.png

Wrong result if I get the two or more months together:

3.png

iT SUPPOSED TO BE SOMETHING LIKE 26,2%

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous ,

After I check your sample file, I think this issue should more be related to 'selectedvalue' function.  You have setting default value on 'selectedvalue' function, it will return this value when 'selectedvalue' deal with multiple selections.

Obviously, it will return error results when you handle multiple selections. (multiple selections will be forced to calculate as 'Negocio' selection)

For your scenario, I'd like to suggest you add a variable with SUMMARIZE function to manually get corresponding results of each record, then use iterated functions to summary them.

Measure Totals, The Final Word  

Nested grouping using GROUPBY vs SUMMARIZE 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous ,

After I check your sample file, I think this issue should more be related to 'selectedvalue' function.  You have setting default value on 'selectedvalue' function, it will return this value when 'selectedvalue' deal with multiple selections.

Obviously, it will return error results when you handle multiple selections. (multiple selections will be forced to calculate as 'Negocio' selection)

For your scenario, I'd like to suggest you add a variable with SUMMARIZE function to manually get corresponding results of each record, then use iterated functions to summary them.

Measure Totals, The Final Word  

Nested grouping using GROUPBY vs SUMMARIZE 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.