Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

EdList
Helper I
Helper I

Wrong percentage pie chart

Hi,

I have a problem with a pie chart. It should show the number of stores visited. As some stores are visited more often I set the value amount of PoiID (Point of interes ID) to "unique". However the percentage is wrong. The amount of "Merkur" ist 201 from 706 which is about 28% not 22%. When I visualize this in an matrix-chart the figures are correct.

I hope the numbers are not to small on my screenshots.

Not filters are activated.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Jack

wrong_poi.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

can the same POID be recorded against different stores?  when you do the distinct count on poid, you might have the same POID under different stores?  It will count it uniquely under each store but if there is a POID under 2 stores, it will double count it because your aggregation is under the store but the total will look at the total unique POID.

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

@vanessafvg 

Thanks yes that was the problem. It was just too much data to see it instantly.

Actually every PointOfInteres-ID is unique. But there are some manually added Poi's which get assigned with the same ID.

Thanks!!

BG Jack

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @EdList ,

Are both visuals (table and pie chart) with the same filters and information?

To what I can check the count on the pie chart give around 898 counts and on the table you have the 706.

Try to convert the matrix to a pie chart and check if it still give you the same percentage.

Can you share a sample?

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Hi @MFelix,

your calculation is correct and yes it is exactly the same chart. I copied the chart and just changed it to the a matrix and also tried it in the other direction.

I tried deleting all charts and create new ones, .... nothing worked.

I just think it might miscalculate something because of the "unique IDs". Maybe it checks the unique values within the group "Merkur" than checks the unique values in the next group and so on and than sums everything up which might equals more unique values than they actually are because the same ID is unique in another group?

Is that possible?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.