Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wrong formated measure?

Hi guys
I believe this is not only a format problem, but i don't have enough knowledge to understand it. Did this happened to any of you guys? As you may see, this total should be 0....
Capture.JPG
Thanks in advance forall your help
Best regards

Pedro

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I faced this E-8 In PostgreSQL DB but their database was treating it as null, so get rid by using coalesce. Power BI supported this recently. Try to use coalesce on top of you formula

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , this is strange. Change your data type decimal or whole number once and check.

Data Format New Rib.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @amitchandak 
THank you for the answer.
So, i've tried (i think i've already did it) to change all the ways and it never works.

General & 0.JPGWhole number & 0.JPG
I thought it was a data problem and i've check in excel. It's all good BUT i get the same error.
Let me tell you that these values are "sales" and "credit notes".  This 1E-11 shows that this "account" is balanced, is = 0. 
It never happen to us until you do, right?
Do you have some ideas?

I faced this E-8 In PostgreSQL DB but their database was treating it as null, so get rid by using coalesce. Power BI supported this recently. Try to use coalesce on top of you formula

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi again @amitchandak 
Again, nothing worked. But the Coalesce function helped to find the "error". I don't know about this but now this measure is formated as whole number, fixed and zero decimals. In the vizualizations, Data label tab, you have to put Auto as display units. Otherwise it won't work. I really don't know why or what this means, but it's working now,
Again, thank you so much for your help
Best regards

Pedro

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.