cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nualos

Wrong calculation in DAX Measure for Unichair

Dear all,

I try to create arrows based on a trend line, if trend is higher than 1, arrow should go up, otherwise down and I am working with Unichair to achieve this.

Measure:

Trend Arrow ACT vs. PY =
IF([Trend ACT vs. PY]>1, UNICHAR (11165), UNICHAR(11167))

however for some reason, all the arrows are facing down as seen in the picture. If I test with another formula with text, it works perfectly 
Measure: Check = IF([Trend ACT vs. PY]>1, "more than 1", "less than 1") -> see screenshot below

Strange enough, if I use different Unichar it works as well, just with the arrows it doesn't work (it works if I use one arrow and one something else, but as soon as I want both, it doesnt).

Anyone any idea what I do wrong? Or alternative arrows which I could use, which allow conditional formatting, which I need to be consistent in my dashboard?
Thanks in advance helping me out here, after spending one evening finding a solution...
Nualos
Test Table for Arrows with supporting columns.png

2 REPLIES 2
vicky_
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Could you try use the Icons instead of Unichars? If you go to Format Visuals > Cell Elements > Icons, you could get a very similar result for trend arrows (just replace the sum of Qty with your measure).

vicky__1-1670277809834.png

Der Vicky, thanks for your fast replay. Yes, this would work in the table, however I use this measures later in the visual "cards". Here it doesn't work anymore, I can only do conditional formatting on the color, but not add icons. But for the table this looks very nice (and correct :)) indeed.

Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Carousel_PBI_Wave1

2023 Release Wave 1 Plans

Power BI release plans for 2023 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2023 through September 2023.

Power BI Summit Carousel 2

Global Power BI Training

Make sure you register today for the Power BI Summit 2023. Don't miss all of the great sessions and speakers!

BizApps LATAM 2023

Business Application LATAM Summit 2023

Join the biggest FREE Business Applications Event in LATAM this February.

Power Platform Bootcamp

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

In this bootcamp we will deep-dive into Microsoft’s Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, delivered to you by experts and community leaders.