Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

joaonechar

Wrong Totals

Hello,

I started using Power BI to develop product metrics with a monthly overview of the cash flows occurred. My database is actually developed on Alteryx, with a .csv output, which is then linked to Power BI.

I already have 2 dashboards that work perfectly, however, on the third one, the imported values seem to get multiplied. Using Alteryx Browse function I can determine that the total amount transacted for one particular product was 51.6 billion, but once I upload the .csv to Power BI the said outcome is to be of over 300,000 trillion, which makes absolutely no sense. 

I am using a Card and Line and Stacked Column chart, but after inspection on the data tab in Power BI, in which I added a column and calculated the total transacted through SUM, I realized that the imported data was the real issue. 

Help is much appreciated. 

Thank you. 

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @joaonechar,

Can you please share more detailed information about your scenario? I think they will help us clarify your scenario and test.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

If you mean the wrong result on the total level of measure expression, you can take a look at Greg's blog:

Measure Totals, The Final Word 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.