Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Wrong Total

Hi Everyone,

I am creating a measure, Measure = divide(sum(amount),count(task)), this is giving me incorrect total.

Capture.PNG

This is a sample data, in which the line items of Measure = divide(sum(amount),count(task)) is correct, but the total in bottom is incorrect, could you please help.

Abhishek

12 REPLIES 12
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

it's not totally clear, what's wrong (at least not for me)

Can you please explain what the number 11688 (Task) for Solution "A" represents

• a task id
  • the no of tasks meaning the number of rows filter implicitly by Solution "A"

What is your expected result? And what does the Measure = Count('tablename'[Task] return for each row and also the total value.

Regards,
Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Hi There,

What i am trying to achieve here is :

Divide sum of amount with count of task, now what i am getting in Power BI is 

Capture2.PNG

Now the expected result is 

Capture1.PNG

Basically Power BI should return the sum of the measure i.e 17500, but it is returning 2500 which is 17500/7, how can i get the sum of the measure as total in Power BI.

Thanks

Hi,

Just want to update here, i have used 

SUMX(VALUES(table1[Solution]), CALCULATE(SUM(Table2[Amount]))/CALCULATE(COUNT(task)))

and the total seems working fine for solution only, but when i drag some other dimension attribute then, it divide the values correctly, but returns an incorrect total.

Thanks,

Hi @AbhishekPandey ,

SUMX(VALUES(table1[Solution]), CALCULATE(SUM(Table2[Amount]))/CALCULATE(COUNT(task)))

and the total seems working fine for solution only, but when i drag some other dimension attribute then, it divide the values correctly, but returns an incorrect total.

What "other dimension" did you add? It looks like there are two related tables in your scenario, would you please post sample data in source tables?

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, 

All the fields that i have used in the screenshot, in my previous replies are from same table only. 

What happening is, when i use drag solution and this measure together in form of a table, then it divides the values correctly, and the total in bottom seems correct as well.

But when i use some other dimensional attribute, for example, name then it divdes the values correctly, but the total seems to be incorrect.

The reason that, it is working fine with solution might be that i have used solution is the measure, SUMX(VALUES(table1[Solution])

that is why it is working correctly with solution.

But when i use this measure with name, then it did not worked correctly, in order to make it work for name also, i should use SUMX(VALUES(table1[Name]) instead of SUMX(VALUES(table1[Solution]).

I should not use any dimensional attribute in the values in DAX, to make it work with every dimensional attribute.

If you check my sceenshots, then you will understand what exactly i need as output.

Can anyone help on this!!

Hi @AbhishekPandey ,

Measure_2 =
SUMX (
    VALUES ( Table1),
    CALCULATE ( SUM ( Table1[Amount] ) ) / CALCULATE ( COUNT ( Table1[Task] ) )
)

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Yuliana,

I have already used this calculation. It seems working fine.

But i do not want to use values function here, as it will restrict the output to provide correct results for the table that i have used with values function.

What i want is, it should give correct result with any dimensional attribute, which has a relationship with this table from which amount is used.

Hi @AbhishekPandey ,

With above measure using VALUES(TableName) instead of VALUES(TableName[Column]), whichever dimension being added into table visual, Total rows returns correct result. You could test with name and solution or any other field.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Thanks, i will give it a try.

Hi @v-yulgu-msft,

I have used the same calculation as shared, below are some snips. Could you please help me in this.

Here is a link to the PBIX, with some sample data.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pfm564aq1lo3tgl/Total%20issue.pbix?dl=0

If you see in the first screenshot, it seems working fine with one dimension only, i.e Sname, the column name wrong total is sum(amount)/count(sid), the total of this calculation is incorrect, 

The column correct total gives the correct output and the expression used is 

SUMX(VALUES(SID[Sname]),CALCULATE(SUM(Final[Amount]))/CALCULATE(COUNT(Final[Sid])))

Now in the second screenshot, it gives incorrect total, when another dimension Pname is dragged along with existing dimension Sname.

Total issue.PNG

Thanks,

Abhishek Pandey

Hi, 

Any update on this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors