Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Write Back To Snowflake Database

Hello Experts,

I want to implement Write Back functionality with Snowflake Database. I created simple Grid Report, published it to power bi service. Later edited report to have Power App Visual on Power BI Service. While creating App in Power BI App we are not having connector of Snowflake. How can we connect Power Apps to Snowflake inorder to write back to DB using Power BI Report.

Could you please suggest how to achieve the same.

Thanks in Advance!!

Regards,

Mayur

9 REPLIES 9
skandeey

@Anonymous  Do you have any solution to write back into snowflake from Power apps? please let me know.

skandeey

Hello @Anonymous 

Did you find a solution to move the data from power apps to snowflake? Can you share the approach you followed? I have a similar requirement.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous ,

Refer if this can help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxuRzj0X348

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @amitchandak  for the response. Link mentioned by you is for SQL Server. We need it for Snowflake. Could you please sugget an idea for Snowflake.

Thanks in Advance.

Hi @Anonymous ,

As far as I know, Snowflake and SQL Server are all based on SQL engine.  I think they're similar, so you can also refer to https://shabnamwatson.wordpress.com/2020/02/21/using-power-apps-in-power-bi-reports-enabling-writeback/

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @v-deddai1-msft  for the response. 

While we connect we SQL Server on Power Apps we can connect it to Snowflake. Because it specifically says SQL SERVER anme and authentication. For Snowflake we have Warehouse and URL which we are not able to specify in the SQL Server Connector.

Could you please suggest on same on how can we connect Snowflake Database.

Any help or suggestion would highly be appreciaed.

Thanks,

Mayur

Hi @Anonymous ,

I am sorry that I do not have similar experience. I hope others can provide useful information.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I believe CDATA has a Snowflake connector for Power Apps. https://www.cdata.com/kb/tech/snowflake-cloudhub-powerapps.rst#:~:text=PowerApps%20is%20a%20service%....

Another route to go might be using Power Automate?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @Greg_Deckler  for the response. IT means we need to to connect with CDATA for this??

Also, COuld you please suggest how it can be achieved using Power Automate.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.