Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

EdwardJ88
Frequent Visitor

WpA row data missing in Power Bi

In my last WpA (Workplace Anayltics) upload I did a full replace to start with clean data, I checked my upload file and had 100% data present in important fields.  The upload results show no invalids but when I pull to powerbi and start trying to display results 4% are blank in some of the fields. I've been troubleshooting with no success.  Any suggestions?

EdwardJ88_2-1610117205312.png

EdwardJ88_0-1610117063099.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you for the reply V-janeyg-msft,

I didn't make any changes to the data tht would have caused the issue.  I also posted in the WpA (Workplace Analytics) community and received the below reponse.   I believe the first bullet below is the casue of my issue.

• There is at least one licensed WpA employee who does not have organizational data uploaded for them. It may be the case that there was an employee who was previously licensed with WpA that does not have organizational data present for them at this point. For example, if someone left the company in November 2020, you could have org data for all currently licensed employees, but you are missing org data for an employee who left the organization.
  • The organizational data you uploaded does not have an "EffectiveDate" that extends back to the time period for which you ran this query. For example, if you pulled WpA data back to January 2020, but you set an effective data of February 2020 in your org data, no organizational data would be shown for January 2020 rows.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@EdwardJ88 , what type of file you uploaded ?

Open Power Query and remove empty rows and check does it helps -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc5bIXkpGVE

Hello Amitchandak, I watched the video, doesn't solve my issue. I'm connecting to a OData Feed link to Microsoft WpA (Workplace Anayltics) . The rows are not entirely bank, only blank in some cells.  

Thank you for the reply, I appreciate your time.  Any other suggestions?

Hi, @EdwardJ88 

It’s my pleasure to answer for you.

According to your description,Have you refreshed the data?

The API will only get the data in the format of the most recent deployed version. This should not pause as a problem unless you changed some type e.g. If something was text and it was then converted to integer type, when this is processed, the text may be deleted since they don’t meet the definition of the integer/numbers type.

You just ensure you get your form very neatly done to avoid such problems. One approach has always been to create a new project with the very final version of the form.

If it doesn’t solve your problem, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for the reply V-janeyg-msft,

I didn't make any changes to the data tht would have caused the issue.  I also posted in the WpA (Workplace Analytics) community and received the below reponse.   I believe the first bullet below is the casue of my issue.

• There is at least one licensed WpA employee who does not have organizational data uploaded for them. It may be the case that there was an employee who was previously licensed with WpA that does not have organizational data present for them at this point. For example, if someone left the company in November 2020, you could have org data for all currently licensed employees, but you are missing org data for an employee who left the organization.
  • The organizational data you uploaded does not have an "EffectiveDate" that extends back to the time period for which you ran this query. For example, if you pulled WpA data back to January 2020, but you set an effective data of February 2020 in your org data, no organizational data would be shown for January 2020 rows.

Hi, @EdwardJ88 

I'm glad you can find the casue of your issue. I'm sorry that I am not familiar with your data source, so I can only imagine the possibility from the perspective of PBI.If you don’t want to display the blank value, you can set it in filterpane.

Like this:

5.png

If the problem is solved, you can mark the correct answer.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.