Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jakuza
Helper I
Helper I

World map of where users are logging in

Hi,

Very new to  Power BI, just recently setup the SCCM Solution Template for our company. I was wondering if there'd be a way to create a report that shows the map of the world and where users are logging in from? I'm not even sure where to start.

Thanks

J

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi @Jakuza,

If you have a data table with geographic locations (such as a column with the names of Countries) you can just drag this field to one of the Map visuals in Power BI and you can represent where the activity is being generated from.

You can be more specific if you like, by including Cities, Counties, Districts and even Lat/Lng if you have it.

If you have an additional field such as login date, or user category, these can be used as filters.

Does that help?

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi @Jakuza,

If you have a data table with geographic locations (such as a column with the names of Countries) you can just drag this field to one of the Map visuals in Power BI and you can represent where the activity is being generated from.

You can be more specific if you like, by including Cities, Counties, Districts and even Lat/Lng if you have it.

If you have an additional field such as login date, or user category, these can be used as filters.

Does that help?

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.