Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jakuza
Helper I
Helper I

World map of where users are logging in

Hi,

Very new to  Power BI, just recently setup the SCCM Solution Template for our company. I was wondering if there'd be a way to create a report that shows the map of the world and where users are logging in from? I'm not even sure where to start.

Thanks

J

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Phil_Seamark
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Jakuza,

If you have a data table with geographic locations (such as a column with the names of Countries) you can just drag this field to one of the Map visuals in Power BI and you can represent where the activity is being generated from.

You can be more specific if you like, by including Cities, Counties, Districts and even Lat/Lng if you have it.

If you have an additional field such as login date, or user category, these can be used as filters.

Does that help?

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Phil_Seamark
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Jakuza,

If you have a data table with geographic locations (such as a column with the names of Countries) you can just drag this field to one of the Map visuals in Power BI and you can represent where the activity is being generated from.

You can be more specific if you like, by including Cities, Counties, Districts and even Lat/Lng if you have it.

If you have an additional field such as login date, or user category, these can be used as filters.

Does that help?

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2022 update 768x460.jpg

Check it Out!

Click here to learn more about the August 2022 updates!

August 1 episode 9_no_dates 768x460.jpg

The Power BI Community Show

Watch the playback when Priya Sathy and Charles Webb discuss Datamarts! Kelly also shares Power BI Community updates.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors