Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kannanAhammed
Helper IV
Helper IV

Workspace OneDrive

Hello, 

I was exploring this option on power bi. While testing it out i have understood that, you can add office 365 groups. Few doubts i have is as below.

1) Will the power bi able to access files from this group.

2) I was told there is no need to schedule refresh and it will auto sync when ever there is a change in the data sourse such as excel etc...

If you can give me an overall Idea that will be great. 

If auto sync works this will be the best option i can use for a dashboard i have created with excel as the data source  and i dont have to schedule refresh which i can only do up to 8 times a day with my pro license.

Capture.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi  @kannanAhammed 

For onedrive refresh, you could refer to this document:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/refresh-data#onedrive-refresh

By the way, If the pbix file is published to power bi service by power bi desktop(Publish), there will no onedrive refresh in dataset setting 1.JPG

Only pbix file is get data in power bi service , or get data from a excel in onedrive in power bi service, there will be onedrive refresh

2.JPG

and for newworkspace, please see how to set workspcae onedrive:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-create-the-new-workspaces#set-a-...

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.